Sunday, April 24, 2011

Death. Burial. Resurrection. LIFE.

I worshipped at the altar of education.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of science.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of ambition.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of money.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of power.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of success.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of popularity.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of pleasure.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of fun.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of philanthropy.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of charity.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of kindness.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of altruism.
Death.

No matter what I did.
Death.
No matter whom I knew.
Death.
No matter where I turned.
Death.

Undeniable.
Death.
Inconsolable.
Death.
Un-conquerable.
Death.
Incurable.
Death.

No purpose.
Death.
No hope.
Death.
No solution.
Death.
No escape.
Death.

I worshipped at the altar of Jesus.
Death.
I worshipped at the altar of Jesus.
Burial.
I worshipped at the altar of Jesus.
Resurrection.

I worship at the altar of Jesus.
LIFE.

I like this new altar.



###
Written by Brad Doll on Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011

1 comment: